Effective solutions against erosion or scour effects for beach protection, coastal protection and scour protection
Secutex® Soft Rock offers a multitude of advantages:
- Versatile, sand-filled, soft and flexible construction elements for marine, coastal, river, waterway and habor structures
- Use of different fill materials, depending on the application
- Excellent tensile strength and elongation characteristics during hydraulic-geotechnical interactions
- Different sizes, weights and fill capacities available
- Proven 20-year, long-term performance for scour protection
- Compared to woven geotextile containers: higher interface friction and higher, proven structural stability
- Long-term abrasion and robustness performance
- Single or double-layered nonwovens with or without additional protection layer for covered or uncovered applications
- Supported by decades of seaming and manufacturing experience
- Very high-quality control standards
- Trouble-free disassembly of the scour protection system after the end of the service life
Secutex® Soft Rock can be installed simply with lighter equipment while the transport of heavy rock is avoided. The ingenuity of Secutex® Soft Rock construction rests on the ability to fill them with locally available sand. The filter-stable nonwovens provide robust, flexible construction elements that are similar to the natural coastal and marine environment but with greater erosion control.
The roughened surface of the needle-punched nonwoven geotextiles of Secutex® Soft Rock offer better frictional behavior than comparable systems made of woven fabrics; thus, Secutex® Soft Rock reduces the sliding between stacked sand-filled containers or bags when subjected to currents and waves. Additionally sand and sedimentation embeds itself within the Secutex® nonwoven structure, which gives it a natural protection layer.
Secutex® Soft Rock replaces granular filters and rock armour for scour protection of offshore wind turbine foundations. The sand-filled Secutex® Soft Rock containers provide highly efficient, long-term protection due to the geotextile’s robustness, filtration qualities and weight. There is no need for further granular layers. Installed in advance of monopiles, the system eliminates the risk of erosion during construction. And, the ability to drive piles through the geocontainers enables quicker, more dependable construction that provides valuable savings to a project.