Advantages of Carbofol® geomembranes
- versatile sealing applications possible
- free from leaching plasticiser
- excellent chemical resistance due to selected raw materials
- extreme high elongation during uni-axial and multi-axial deformation
- high stress crack resistance
- very high UV-resistance
- isotropic shear stress transfer due to embossed structured surfaces
- installation advantages with up to 7.50m wide liner
- high Melt Flow Rate allows an excellent welding performance
- smooth edges with removable plastic tape for clean welding surface and overlap lines
- durable product with more than 40 years of project experience
- complete quality control from the resin to the final product
- also available according to GM-13 and with BAM, ASQUAL and DIBt approval
ADVANTAGE 1: CARBOFOL® LONG-TERM DURABILITY
Durability and high chemical resistance are ensured by carefully selected resins and a special stabilising system, which is aligned with the resin type. An enormous amount of field and lab data supports this performance.
ADVANTAGE 2: SPECIAL EMBOSSED SURFACE STRUCTURE ALLOWS A SAFE CONSTRUCTION ON STEEP SLOPES
New optimised BF/TF (bottom friction/top friction) embossed surface structure has been developed to in- crease shear strength towards typical shearing partners.
ADVANTAGE 3: WELD PROTECTION STRIPS AND LATERAL MARKING
The Carbofol® geomembranes are provided with a white edge mark on both sides. These edge marks indicate the recommended areas of overlapping and are a visual aid during the installation. Furthermore, a thin protective sheet (~150mm wide) is attached to both edges and is peeled off immediately prior to the welding process to provide an absolutely clean welding area.
ADVANTAGE 4: HIGH MELT FLOW RATE
Carbofol® geomembranes feature a melt flow rate (MFR) between 1 and 3g/10 minutes tested at 190°C/5kg and thus have the advantage of a large welding window. This is a factor which makes the Carbofol® geomembranes flexible and easy to handle during on-site installation. The speed at which welding processes can be carried out on Carbofol® geomembranes is distinctly higher than that of other liners with an MFR less than 1g/10min. This gives Carbofol® yet another major benefit during on-site installation and welding.